- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Sarpaneva Lunations is the very first Sarpaneva ultra-precise in house calibre. It distils all 30 years of Stepan Sarpaneva’s professional watchmaking expertise.
The lunation in the Sarpaneva Moonment® calibre lasts 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 2.3 seconds, which means it needs to be adjusted for a single day of error only once every 14,000 years.
They envision a movement that is unique and stands out. Combining artistry of design and craftsmanship with the technical precision of watchmaking. This dream required years of dedication, learning, and practice to hone the necessary skills, as well as to find own design language. But the end result of creating a caliber that is truly unique makes it all worth it.
Setting The Scene
Not only is Sarpaneva Lunations uniquely precise in its display, it is also uniquely precise in the way it is set.
Pulling the crown at 4 o’clock out to the first position allows the wearer to set the phases of the moon display. An integrated phases of the moon scale, engraved on the back of the watch provides additional guidance on getting the display as close to the actual lunar cycle as possible. Sarpaneva Lunations can also be easily customised to reflect the lunar cycle in both northern and southern hemispheres.
The Lunar Effect
The phases and the power of the Moon does influence Stepan`s mood and behavior. His lunar rituals and traditions continue to celebrate in his mind. Two nights before the full Moon, one will know for sure – Stepan is up all night. Sometimes new design, an old idea or the buzzle floating in his mind creates watches we see today.
The Moon is an important natural element and impacts various aspects of nature. Moon`s gravitational pull affects the ocean tides, and its light influences the behavior of many animals, particularly nocturnal ones. The Moon is a symbol of natural balance and harmony. No wonder it is the favorite complication of Stepan Sarpaneva.
Remember to download our App to adjust the phases of the Moon
- Sarpaneva in-house Moonment® calibre, 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Mechanical manual-winding
- 20 jewels
- 60-hour power reserve
- Two-part stainless steel skeleton dial in various DLC-coated finishes
- Indexes in various Swiss Super-Luminova® emission colours
- Two-tone hands in Rhodium, Flame Blue, Red Gold or Pitch Black with optional Swiss Super-Luminova® coating on the backside (Mondaine® pat. pend.)
- Laser-machined and hand-finished optical fibre moon face relief, moon illumination powered by RC Tritec’s Lumicast®
- High-grade Outokumpu Supra 316L/4435 stainless steel case
- 42 mm in diameter, 9,8 mm in thickness
- Front and back sapphire crystals with multi anti-reflective coating on the inside
- Two-part crown at 4 o’clock with signature Sarpaneva moon face motif
- Water-resistant to 5 ATM
- Leather in various colours
- Stainless steel pin buckle